Thursday, April 24, 2014

Granola Cookie Wedges

IMG_9672

Easter came and went in a flash, and to be honest, I don't really recall doing much this past week! It's not really much of a celebration for me, it's more of an excuse to eat more chocolate and to laze about for a week or so, but I always feel somewhat unaccomplished if I don't do anything notable since it just passes so quickly!

To balance the unhealthiness of all these Easter eggs and desserts I'm making during this week off uni, I spent the last couple of weeks experimenting with some (somewhat) 'healthier' recipes for snacks which I could bring to uni. My favourite so far are these granola cookies, which are like choc chip cookies, except healthier, with the addition of oats and almonds (and it only uses a small amount of oil!)- and they taste pretty good too!
IMG_9679

I'm not usually a fan of simple recipes, but these are so easy, they take me literally minutes to put together so I can make them whenever I'm out of snack ideas- just mix, throw in a pan, bake and slice! Easy! :D
Granola Cookie Wedges
Recipe from here

Ingredients
1/3 cup dark brown sugar
2 Tbsp canola oil
1 Tbsp butter, melted
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 tsp baking soda
1 large egg white
2.25 oz all-purpose flour (about 1/2 cup)
1/2 cup quick cooking oats
1/4 cup chopped pecans, toasted
2 Tbsp semi-sweet chocolate chips
Cooking Spray

Pre-heat oven to 350F.
Combine the first 7 ingredients in a large bowl; stir until well combined. Weigh or lightly spoon flour into a dry measuring cup; level with a knife. Add flour, oats, nuts, and chocolate chips to sugar mixture; stir until just combined.
Scrape the dough into a 9-inch glass pie plate coated with cooking spray, and spread to edges using a spatula. Bake at 350° for 13 minutes or until set. Cool slightly on a wire rack. Cut into 8 wedges.



12 Comments:

Unknown said...

I agreee...These granola cookies, which are like choc chip cookies. It is a healthy food especially added with oats and almonds.

Display name said...

This one looks so handsome and delicious! :) ela@GrayApron

Monchhichi said...

mmmm yum yum yummy

Angie's Recipes said...

We love oatmeal cookies. This looks so beautiful and delicious.

Liz That Skinny Chick Can Bake said...

I love a pan cookie, too....especially one full of oats! Can't beat a lightened up sweet :)

authentic_creation said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

I love to try these cookies... When I travel back to NOwra Australia (my homeland) I wanna try baking it.

Amelia said...

Hi Von, this is really good. Well done! Thanks for sharing your wonderful recipe.

Have a nice day, regards.
Amelia

Lia Lemon and Vanilla said...

Hi Von,
What a great idea and suggestion!!
Cheers,
Lia

Balvinder said...

I am usually fan of simple recipes and I love the idea of this large granola cookie cut into wedges. I am actually going to try your recipe. Thanks!

Anonymous said...

I think I would not slice it when I make them, I want it all for me :)

Anonymous said...

Want that in my tum tum, NOW! :D

Related Posts with Thumbnails