Wednesday, April 2, 2014

Blueberry Oatmeal Muffins


I think I've gotten a little bit too used to the whole 'going to uni whenever I felt like it' thing in the past couple of years. The regularity of my current post-grad life is kind of disturbing.

I can't tell whether I like it or not.

I wake up pretty much the same time everyday, go home at the same time, sleep, eat etc etc all at around the same time every day and every week. Kind of like in high school.

Blueberry-Oatmeal Muffins


I like to spend my weekends making snacks to bring to uni since eating sandwiches only for a week can be quite boring- you will probably be seeing a lot more cookies, muffins and other snack foods on this blog for the next couple of weeks! Starting with these blueberry oatmeal muffins-which are an attempt at eating slightly healthier (since I'm studying nutrition afterall haha), and in hope of making something that would fill me up for more than an hour after lunch :)

Turns out, I'm not actually much of a fan of blueberries when they're baked in muffins (perhaps because they're no longer sweet when compared with the muffin itself) so I wasn't too into these. The muffin itself was quite nice- quite soft and fluffy, which was a bit of a shame since I would've loved these if the blueberries were substituted for choc chips or something.

Hmmmm...........I might have to try harder at being healthier!
Blueberry-Oatmeal Muffins


Blueberry Oatmeal Muffins Recipe
Recipe from Better Homes and Gardens

1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
3/4 cup rolled oats
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 beaten egg
3/4 cup milk
1/2 cup packed brown sugar
1/4 cup cooking oil
1/2 teaspoon vanilla
3/4 cup fresh or frozen blueberries

  1. Grease twelve 2-1/2-inch muffin cups or thirty-six 1-3/4-inch muffins cups, or line them with paper bake cups; set aside. (If you dont have enough muffin pans, bake half the batter at a time. Refrigerate remaining batter.)
  2. Stir together flour, rolled oats, baking powder, baking soda, and salt in a bowl. Make a well in the center of the mixture.
  3. Combine egg, milk, brown sugar, oil, and vanilla in another bowl. Add egg mixture all at once to flour mixture. Stir just until moistened (batter should be lumpy.) Fold blueberries into the batter. Spoon the batter into the prepared muffin cups, filling each three-quarters full.
  4. Bake in a 400 degree F oven for 16 to 18 minutes for 2-1/2-inch muffins or 10 to 12 minutes for 1-3/4-inch muffins or until done. Cool in muffin cups on a wire rack for 5 minutes; remove muffins from cups Serve warm. Makes 12 regular-size or 36 small muffins.



4 Comments:

Lia Lemon and Vanilla said...

Great and delicious combination of flavours Von!
Cheers,
Lia.

Display name said...

Looving this combo! A cup of cappuccino and I'm happy! :) ela

Amelia said...

Hi Von, very delightful muffin. The texture look really good. Thanks for sharing your recipe.

Have a nice day.

Unknown said...

Blueberry oatmeal muffins seems tasty. I'm craving for it. Hope hotels and restaurants in Nowra serves such food.

Related Posts with Thumbnails