Monday, April 22, 2013

Triple Choc Chip Cookies

cookie

My first ever cookbook, happened to be titled "My First Cookbook"

I'd picked it up at a school fete for around 20c, as you do at your first school fete in Year 1, for no particular reason. It was a bit shabby, but I liked its illustrations (there were no photos in this cookbook, only drawings!) and it served me well during my primary school life. Well, it taught me to make scrambled eggs to survive those early Sunday mornings when my parents woke up 3 hours after me, and gave me plenty of inspiration back before I found baking as enjoyable as I do now :)

IMG_2060
I was quite confused however, when I decided to progress from my kid's cookbooks to 'adult' ones, and realised that apart from the lack of illustrations, colour and smaller font size, there wasn't much of a difference at all. If anything, the recipes were even easier than those I'd been looking at in my kid's cookbooks!

This triple choc chip cookie recipe is from another one of my kid's cookbooks I've had since I was little and has long been a favourite of mine- it's ridiculously easy to put together, and tastes absolutely amazing!! I like my cookies to be light and crispy, with a texture more towards the packaged type than your typical 'homemade' cookies, and these are just right! :)

IMG_2049

Triple Choc Chip Cookies
Recipe from Best of Kid's Cooking
Makes 16

1/2 cup brown sugar
1 egg
1/3 cup oil
1 Tbsp cocoa powder
2/3 cup self raising flour
1/2 cup plain flour
1/3 cup chocolate chips (I usually go a bit over to ~1/2 cup)
60g white chocolate, chopped

  1. Turn oven to 180degC. Lightly grease 2 biscuit trays.
  2. Put sugar, egg and oil in a bowl. Mix well. 
  3. Sift cocoa and flours intro bowl. Mix gently. 
  4. Add chocolates and mix through gently. Depending on how much chocolate you put in and the size of your chocolates, it might be hard to mix all the chocolate into the dough- I usually just press whatever's left over into each cookie before baking (i.e. after step 6).
  5. Knead lightly with hands to make a soft dough
  6. Make balls by rolling 1 tablespoon of dough
  7. Put balls on a tray 4cm apart. Bake 1 tray at a time for ~12 minutes, or until cracked and slightly hard (mine usually take longer, but be careful not to overbake or they'll go hard!)
  8. Leave on tray for 5 minutes, then cool on wire rack. 

11 Comments:

Julia | JuliasAlbum.com said...

I love triple chocolate cookies: they have this chocolate shell outside, with a cake-like cookie inside. Yum!

What's Baking?? said...

First time here. Very tempting cookie. Perfectly baked. :)

Veronica's Kitchen said...

hi Von, you reminds me of my daughter who has been collecting recipes from articles. She doesn't cooked much as she reckons I have been living in the kitchen all the time, but she likes to make choc chip cookies as well.

Angie's Recipes said...

These cookie with triple chocolates look so ever tempting, Von.

Anonymous said...

Tons of choco...
really simply drolling me....

Gloria Baker said...

Love these cookies look yummy!!

foodieportal said...

I love your pictures and recipes. I'd like to inform you of a great new website www.foodieportal.com. I would like to invite you to come and join us and share your wonderful pictures with us. We are simply foodies and we are not photography snobs, so picture perfection is not important, all we care about is delicious food.

Rosie @ Blueberry Kitchen said...

Oh yum, your cookies look and sound so good!

Joanne said...

I had a really awesome alphabet cookbook when I was a kid also! Really quality stuff. These triple chocolate chip cookies look awesome!

grace said...

it hurts me that some people find white chocolate so offensive--i love it! great cookies, von. :)

Nami | Just One Cookbook said...

Double chocolate is ideal, and triple is even better. Delicious looking cookies! I would love to eat triple amount too. ;)

Related Posts with Thumbnails