Monday, March 25, 2013

Fancy Chocolate Cake

We aim to live life without regrets, but there are lots of times in my life that I look back and wonder why there are things I didn't just get done when I had the chance.

Right now for instance, I can look back at my high school days and wonder what on earth I was doing with my time. Perhaps I should have taken more time to participate in more extra-curricular activities, learnt a few more skills or something- just something a bit more useful!

Perhaps I should have actually bothered to learn how to ride my unicycle, instead of trying once and finding it too scary to try again, Then I wouldn't have a unicycle in my garage collecting dust wondering how awesome it would be to ride it everytime I catch a glimpse of it.


Perhaps I should just have pressed 'publish' everytime I finished writing a blog post rather than deleting the whole thing the next day because it sounded silly to me. Then I probably wouldn't have as many back logs waiting to be posted, many of which will never be published as I would have forgotten about them by the time I write about them.


And perhaps I should have made this cake years ago when I first saw the design in a cake brochure......because the first thought that crossed my head when I finished this cake was "Why didn't I make this earlier?"

For anyone who's ever bothered noticing the cakes at Michel's Patisserie, you may notice that I pretty much copied the design straight from them. It's a pretty easy cake to make, no fancy decorations involved- just straight sides and a simple icing border which I did manage to screw up but luckily it's not too noticable.

Now if only I'd made more easy cakes like this earlier.......then I wouldn't have a huge collection of cake decorating failures!! (:


As per usual, recipe will be up soon (along with the past few ones) as I'm on Easter break soon.....Yay! Hopefully I'll also be able to fit in some cooking/baking during my week off :) Any suggestions as to what I should make? 

8 Comments:

Mary Bergfeld said...

What a gorgeous looking cake. I'd love to have a slice. I hope your week is off to a great start. Have a good day.Blessings...Mary

Cathleen said...

I actually was having the exact same feeling. I wonder what I was doing with my time in high school. I have one more year at university though, so hopefully I will try to be more involved.
Not this cake looks too good! I would love to get a slice ;)

Amelia said...

Hi Von, I would love to have a big slice of your fancy chocolate cake, please. It look so chocolatey and beautiful, hard to resist. :))

Have a great week ahead.

Unknown said...

You are so pro.

Unknown said...

Nice to meet you Von

Angie's Recipes said...

A gorgeous cake, Von.

Julia | JuliasAlbum.com said...

You put me to shame with your Monday posting of a gorgeous cake while I only posted a very basic recipe for noodles. Beautiful cake! Can't wait to see the recipe!

Joanne said...

I'm glad you took a chance on this cake because it is GORGEOUS.

Related Posts with Thumbnails