Sunday, December 25, 2011

IT'S CHRISTMAS!!! Mango Mousse Chocolate 'Gingerbread' House Cake


It's finally Christmas!

I'd like to wish everyone a VERY MERRY CHRISTMAS! Stuff yourselves silly with food, wrap your selves in tinsel, belt out as many Christmas carols as you can possibly think of...... and have a great time ;)

Can you sense my excitement??


To celebrate, I finally made a Christmas-themed gingerbread house cake!! The design was intended to be a little more elaborate, but I've been extremely busy over the past week and have only managed to just finish the cake so this'll have to do.....


The 'gingerbread' house and trees are actually made up of chocolate cookies, stuck together with white chocolate (I don't like spiced cookies), but the highlight of this creation was definitely the mango mousse- one of the best mango mousse recipes I've tried (though I've only tried three).



Unfortunately, I won't be able to share the recipe with you yet, as I am now on holidays and I didn't manage to write down the recipe before I left. I probably won't be able to do a proper post for another month or so either, as I'll be a little busy holiday-ing, so have a great Christmas and New Year! :)

See you all again next year!


22 Comments:

Anonymous said...

What a fantastic gingerbread house! Merry Christmas!

OohLookBel said...

Hey Von, have a great holiday! Can't wait to see the recipe for this amazing mango mousse.

Angie Lives to Eat (and Cook)! said...

Aww it looks spectacular! Hope you had a great Christmas and have an awesome time away :)

Nicole @ Bake Me Blush said...

What a beautiful cake!! Brilliant idea… I've never tried mango mousse but it looks and sounds delicious. :)

chocolatesuze said...

cant wait for the recipe for the mango mousse! merry christmas :)

Rita said...

How beautiful you made it! you have a special touch.
Rita

Tobias @ T and Tea Cake said...

Wow, ending the year with a bang. :)
Great choice not to bake gingerbread but chocolate biscuits - not only can I imagine them tasting better with the mousse but I am also not that much of a fan of gingerbread. :P

Happy Holidays and New Year!

XO

Tobias

JasmyneTea said...

Merry christmas! Hope yours was excellent, your cake looks awesome! :)

Elizabeth said...

I WISH I had made a gingerbread house this year!

grace said...

i'm so impressed by the effort put into this--it's fantastic, von!

muppy said...

that is the greatest idea! i love it, might do something similar next chrissy :) have a nice break

Adriana said...

I absolutely love the idea of making gingerbread houses with such unconventional flavors. They look adorable (not to mention delicious). I hope you had a great Christmas!

Anna @ The Littlest Anchovy said...

ooh I can't wait for the mango mousse recipe! Hope you had a wonderful Christmas Von!

Chandani Shrestha said...

Wow Von that is absolutely fantastic. I can never make anything like that so I am just gonna admire your hard work.

Anh said...

happy new year! I wish I could have come to your house for Xmas :>

Melanie @ Melanie Cooks said...

This looks fantastic! What are those shiny pearls on the gingerbread house!

Juliana said...

So cute your cake...perfect for the Holidays...hope you had a great Holiday and Happy New Year Von :-)

sugarpuffi said...

'chocolate' bread house ontop of a mango mousse cake! over achiever much? :P jkjk love your work

Viv said...

hiiii von!! hope you had a great holiday season and happy new year (belated!).

enjoy your hols while u can before uni starts :P and please share your mango mousse recipe when you can too :P

DV said...

Hope you had a Merry Christmas and wishing you a wonderful year filled with all goodness! :) The cake is sooo beautiful! I really admire your creativity and patience!

DG said...

Hi, I've got an award for you, please feel free to collect it from my blog :)

Kiran @ KiranTarun.com said...

Von, this looks so delicious and creative. Gorgeous :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails